Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hey lush, have fun! It's the weekend...

Well, citizens of Roxborough, the weekend has arrived. The week was chock filled with daily late SEPTA busses and just as many local frustrations. For example, Gary Barbara is leaving BEAAAAAAAAUTIFUL ROXBOROUGH to move his Dodgeland up to the northeast. It's a shame that constant complaining by the neighborhood drove away one of the few large businesses that actually bring money to the area. So let's see, what can we choose to replace the former Dodgeland? Maybe it can be Cheesebus Land! 3 acres of yellow schoolbuses corralled into a conveniently located bus depot! No, we can do better, maybe a Wal-mart or a Target? One of the small ones. Maybe we can get a developer to build more douchey overpriced houses there! I like it! Seriously, though, there's a lot worse out there than Barbara, and it's probably going to move right into there. But as long as we complain, we can keep ANYTHING from moving in. It's the Roxborough Way.

In a similar vein, why is there nothing to do for people my age in Roxborough? I spent my Friday at Textile's Battle of the Bands, which is far better than walking around Main St (unable to get in anywhere, and not really wanting to) or trolling around for a bar that serves minors (too easy). So what's a boy to do? Too old for kid's clubs, too young for grown up ones. That's why everyone my age leaves here when they get the chance.

Well, I'm finishing up work this week, and headed back to school on April 2nd. So that means more frequent updates, more bitching about the area, and maybe even some reviews of places I go, things I do, dirty restraunts I've eaten in.

If anyone out there is reading, give suggestions, submit shit, make a comment. Liven this place up a little. If you comment, no matter what it is, I'll post it, reply, consider doing whatever you've suggested, and so on. So have fun kids, I'll see you in a few days.

5 comments:

Rail Punk said...

well, there you have it. he always let my troop borrow their van for our camping trips.

Anonymous said...

You're right about everyone leaving town soon after puberty. I was 17 when I got out of highschool (Saul, F.Y.I.) and I barely hesitated when I enlisted in the Navy. I'm thousands of miles from home now, and y'know, it's funny how much I miss seeing those hideous broascast towers. Oddly enough, I work in broadcast these days. I'm hosting a radio show right this moment for a bunch of yutzes from every corner of the country. Any message for the masses?

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for a friend I knew in High school(Hallahan Catholic High).
It was WAY back. She graduated in the year of 1971. Her name was Joanne Arcidiacono. Does anyone from Roxborough ever know of the Arciadiacono family?
Last thing I heard Joanne was working as an optician in 1980.
She possibly may of moved to Lansdale but I'm not sure.
I think her sister (younger) was named Susan and her mother worked in a clothes shop in Germantown.


Fran from San Diego,Ca. :)

Anonymous said...

If anyone is curious about San Diego,California, access this GREAT link below... with Google. :)

http://www.wildnatureimages.com/San_Diego_photos.htm

Anonymous said...

I've started a website about the towers, it's not quite complete but it offers a map of all of them and pictures from around Roxborough. roxtowers.com